Tuesday, March 8, 2011

and this is why my journals are so spotty too....

Wow. It's been a while since I posted.  Not good.  I think that I need to address that I am not doing well at this blogging thing.  I just don't really like to sit down at the computer and exchange my thoughts, feelings and ideas this way. 

I think that it's a matter of a fear of laying too much personal out there at the same time as feeling depersonalized in the writings of others. So that makes me just not MAKE the time to sit at the computer and write and read (well....my teaching load and my beautiful wife and three fantastic daughters are to blame/thank as well). 

I was thinking about how much time I do use electronic devices for communication and I am frustrated with how much time it does take.  I have been tracking my email use just for work -- it occupies 1-2 hours each work day.  That is a great frustration for me, but it's necessary, isn't it?

And email is more personal, sometimes.  At least someone needs to choose to write to you rather than a faceless, nameless audience. 

I know that wasn't an effective segue to my considerations of audience, but I still have trouble seeing my professor and my classmates as my readership even though I SEE them every week.  I like to talk and see the response and vary my topic or argumentation based on their responses, both verbal and non. 

I don't mean to insult those who blog so effectively for their readers.  I think that is great, but I haven't found the blog that I can follow so much.  I haven't felt the pull to always see what is said next.  I still need to push myself to sit at the monitor and read and search the net for that blogger who will become my steady read.  

So anyway, that is my blathering way to explain my lack of posts and responses in the past two weeks. 

--

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling with this (and for similar reasons).

    ReplyDelete