Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Symphony

All I could think about for a while was Lotus Symphony, but now I am over it. 

Logic -- Analysis -- Synthesis -- Intuition

It will take a great deal of work to get int incorpoating all of those into a 'chat' (my word to use rather than "presentation).  I think that may be while so many of us fail at using PowerPoint effectively.  We are so focused on the bullets and designs (not to mention the animations) that we have seen that we often forget about the entirety of the content and we end up dialing in on the minutiae. The key is knowing what is most important for which situation?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear your chat! These Ignite presentations could have really saved me some long days as a classroom teacher. We had an annual Speech Competition, so all the students were required to give speeches in their English classes. I was forced to endure many days of presentations. This approach would have made it much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete